Living with the pain and challenges of a rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease (RMD) can sometimes have a profound psychological, as well as physical, impact on everyday life. It's just as important to consider you emotional wellbeing, as it is your physical wellbeing.
Top tips to manage your wellbeing:
- Keep a diary to note your physical symptoms. Not only could this help with your medical consultations, it may be useful to log your emotions if you find it hard to talk to others about your condition.
- Focus on what you can do and what is good in your life, rather than what you can't do.
- Talk to someone, whether it be friends, family or others with RMDs. There are plenty of patient support groups you could join to talk through your feelings.
- Some people find meditation, visualisation and relaxation techniques helpful.
- Physical activity and eating well can raise your spirits and keep you healthy.
Download the PDF for more information: